Aug 18, 2011

Gaga in Nebraska


This is a great little nugget: a local news report from the small town in Nebraska where Lady Gaga filmed her newest music video, "YoΓΌ and I". The video is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, and I can't write about it yet because I don't have any particular frenzies of description to impart. All I'll say for now is that it's awesome, blends her Americana ("Telephone", "The Edge of Glory", "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)") and arty Euro-minimalist ("Alejandro", "Bad Romance") aesthetics perfectly, and leaves you exhilarated more than confused.

Most notably, in the video Gaga gets to make out with herself. She cross-dresses as a hot Italian greaseball in a James Dean-style rolled-up white tee; Joe Calderone, her alter-ego. Gaga first appeared as Joe in the September 2010 issue of Japanese Men's Vogue. She says that he's a Sicilian car mechanic -- a perfect cameo part for a song that includes the line, "Muscle cars drove a truck right through my heart"... followed by a rollicking glam-rock guitar wail, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment